Thursday, January 20, 2011

Blue Thumb Gets Red

Scab red, more appropriately.  I'm in the process of assembling and painting some Flesh Tearers.  Here are some initial pictures:

Group photo:

I have an AOBR Tactical Squad that's not pictured.  I filed off the AOBR sergeant's "up arrow" on his right shoulder as I'm going to make him into a member of an assault squad.  I just don't ever run tactical squad sergeants with a bolt pistol and chainsword, so it would be a waste of a model otherwise.  Here's a close-up of some Death Company models that will be used as veterans or plain old assault troops, they'll be painted in my normal army colors.  I plan to make some actual Death Company painted in black later on. 

The guy front and center (in the Wolverine pose) will be either a sergeant, a captain or some other heroic figure.  I used a Lightning Claw from an Assault Terminator for the right arm, and the Lightning Claw bit from the Space Marine Commander box for the left arm - everything else (aside from the right shoulder pad) is from the Death Company box.  Exciting, no?

Last picture, I promise - just an overhead shot of the veterans.  And my kitchen table:


All of the models are now primed, and I'm slowly going through and basecoating them in Mechrite Red and following up with Scab Red and finally a touch of Blood Red for the highlights.

No comments:

Post a Comment