Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Ares Wargames 40k Tournament

So I went to a 40k tournament over at Ares Wargames Sunday, had a great time! It was 1750 points with custom maps. Though the turnout was small (we only had 5 folks show up, but it was the Sunday before Christmas) I think a good time was had by all. 

I played Space Marines, here's my list (individual point costs omitted):


Captain
Relic Blade
Meltabombs
Bike

Command Squad
4 plasma guns
Razorback

Bike Squad
2 bikers
2 meltaguns
sgt power fist

Tactical Squad (10)
meltagun
Muli-Melta
sgt power fist
Rhino

Tactical Squad (10)
meltagun
Missile Launcher
sgt power fist
Rhino

Scout Squad
Missile Launcher
5 Camo cloaks
Sniper Rifles

Assault Terminators (3TH/SS, 2 LC)

Land Raider Redeemer
Multi-Melta

Land Speeder - Multi-Melta & Heavy Flamer

Land Speeder Typhoon             










**

The bikes were able to count as troops because I had the captain on a bike, and the squad had 5 models.  Their job in objective games was to eliminate a scoring unit, then hide and boost to capture / contest a point on turn 5.  In kill points, their job was to scoot around and kill soft targets.  It didn't always work out that way, mostly through my sub-par leadership skills. 

The Land Raider and Assault Terminators - well, I don't really need to go into their job description in detail, right?  Drive up, get out, smash stuff. 

The "iffy" unit, obviously, was the plasma toting command squad.  This is just a unit type I've always like for some reason.  I wanted them to be heavy infantry / light armor killers.  They didn't do much for me..  Shot down a Reclusiarch in my first game and didn't die (immediately) to a CCW-less Dreadnought in my second game, giving the termies time to close the gap and finish the dread.  Will I try them again?  Yes, probably. 

Everything in my list was pretty basic.  I'll put up some shortened battle reports soon.

1 comment:

  1. That was a helluva game! I look forward to a rematch sometime. Enjoy the holidays and good luck with the blog.
    -Chris

    ReplyDelete