Friday, March 4, 2011

A sad day

I just found out last night that my friendly local game store, The Inquisitive, will be going out of business soon. I will always remember the good times I've had there, and Tim's awesome frozen Caramel Macchiatos. I have many fond memories of hauling my Space Marines into the shop to die gloriously for the Emperor, safely nestled in their egg cartons (yeah I used egg cartons to carry my minis, I've since upgraded) - at least until the bullets started flying.

So now I've got to find a new haunt. The only viable options at this time are either Active Imagination or Ares Wargames, both across town. Compounded with the facts that a) they only play on Sundays at both shops and b) I have a 18 month old at home I think my 40k time is about to plummet. Monday was the "40k day" at the Inquisitive, so I need to figure something out here.

Such is life, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment